Dangers of Fad Diets
The following points have been highlighted to reflect how fad diets can bad for you:
• Frequently bad fad diets promise easy and quick weight loss and are mainly based on consuming more of one kind of food and a deficiency in another. While there are people who get instant results from these diets, the results are unfortunately not sustained. Sticking to this kind of diet will cause the development of nutritional deficiencies in your body.
• Fad diets are restrictive and boring, so you will surely give up instantly. Your body and mind will play a trick on you and you will start to crave everything that you cannot have. Then, the guilt will set in and you begin to binge.
• To ensure the optimal health of citizens, the American Heart Association has given nutritional recommendations on food. Did you know that most fad diets do not follow these nutritional recommendations and give you low carbohydrates and high fat foods, which if you pursue for a long period of time can lead to heart disease?
• Fad diets that promise instant results are just momentary solutions and don’t help you in making lasting changes to your eating patterns. So, it is important to make permanent modifications to your way of eating. Adding veggies and fruits into your weight loss program and having a good mindset for diet can lead to a dramatic change in your life.
• As previously stated, engaging in any fad diets will require you not to eat the proper portion of vegetables, fruits, fibers and proteins. Sooner or later, you will just suffer from grave health issues that will haunt you for the rest of your life. Scary, don’t you think?
Regardless of the picture and appeal of skinny girls that you see on TV, if their diet plan does not have sound nutrition behind it, it is all a marketing ploy. Bear in mind that external beauty is just skin deep, but when you completely love and care for yourself from the inside out, and that includes having a healthy diet, you will feel and look beautiful.